The joy of Easter begins.
As we open the church for worship, the entire staff is greatly concerned for the safety and wellness of all parishioners. This has always been the case, but we have to do more; at best, we must make sure everyone knows what we are doing. It has been an interesting time since we closed in mid-March. So many rules, thoughts, guidelines, etc. have come out from so many places. At the moment, it seems we are ready, and the past is in the past. Time to go!
These are bullet points of how we will conduct the before, during, and after the service(s) at Faith. Of course, we begin in the summer, and with that, the Bible Study is paused. So we only have to worry about the upstairs and bathroom at the moment. Of course, CDC guidelines, state guidelines, etc. are great, but we do not have to rewrite them, we use them to help us.
So here goes:
01) Come to worship, please. If you are still concerned and nervous, God does not demand your presence; of course, He wants it and is joyous to present to you Word and Sacrament. Please, tell Pastor your concerns and come when you are ready.
02) If you are ill or sick, please be kind and considerate; stay home and come back when you feel better. Of course, tell Pastor if you want a visit or prayers.
03) Did you have COVID or any contagious disease? We hope you feel better, and come when ready. If you are nervous you may be asymptomatic, use precautions…mask and social distance.
04) Hand sanitizer will be available all around the church. We have purchased extra.
05) Bring a mask, if you have none; we will try and have some available.
06) Sit with family units and give space, the old six foot rule applies.
07) We will clean before and after the service.
08) No hand shakes or hugs, even though we want to.
09) We will use bulletins as always, and back to the LSB. If you are nervous, take it home, bring it back next week.
10) Holy Communion - It will continue, every week. When we celebrate, only individual cups are to be used for now. The wafers will be passed out to hand only. Pastor will make sure he is extra clean when touching all. Of course, you are not commanded to partake, come when you are ready.
11) When you leave, talking is great, we just must watch our distance and no hugs, etc. Also, please leave a scrape of bulletin in the pew, so we can clean a bit better where you sat. Extra caution to start does not hurt.
So let's stay in worship in His house again, and enjoy a future that hopefully, no one will get sick because we did not try hard to make this church a safe and healthy space.
Copyright © 2021 Faith Lutheran Church of Westchester - All Rights Reserved.